About Me

My photo
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Blog-Advisor -: Dhananjai Chopra(Course Coordinator,CMS,IPS,AU), Founding Blog-Manager -: Prateek Pathak....

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cloudless Sky


 The shine of the sun, grows unending,
Tis the morning of a new evening.
The new evening is the thought of the knight,
Where morning being the mournful cloudless sky.

Morning is mournful with the sound of the mourning dove,
Here knight is mourning with the thought of his dying love.
He denies going to her place, wishing for life,
Cause she can’t see him dying with her losing sight.

Days are passing with the life of his life depleting,
He is weeping with the tears never ending.
Wishing is he, to grow old with her,
Wishing is he, to die and live with her.

Wishes of his, is coming like such,
As cloudless sky weeping for love.
And hush comes a new notice,
Notice of the enemy in rush.

Sudden comes the king therein,
Angry with the enemy coming.
Nothing is the work going on,
Red is the sky when the war is on.

Hush! Knight!! Rush to the war,
Rush faster, to win the war.
Defeating the enemy is your job,
Why are you mourning when the war is on?

I know my job & I will go to the war,
Love of my life is deceasing thereon.
How can I win the war when my,
Life of my life is dying thereby.

Shut! Knight!! Shut your talk,
War is the hurdle, you need to cross.
War is your religion, my boy!
I promise, to bring back your joy.

Sudden! The world stationed still,
Sudden! The drenched eyes lifted a little.
Sudden! The knight asks the king,
How will, bring back life in this lifeless skin.

Its my job knight, you need not to worry,
All you should worry is to defeat the enemy.
I will go my master, to win the war,
I will kill all enemies, to save my world.

Knight rushes to the war-place, to save the world,
Here king writes a letter to his own serene world.
Reads as his love dies on the spot,
Cause the letter says, “your love became a martyr in the war.”

Return as the knight fine and alive,
Suddenly asks, what about my life?
As master says, I failed to save your life,
Serein comes from the unending cloudless sky.

Weeping in the graveyard, kneeling with pain,
Pain of the loosing life, in the grave lane.
World of his is covered with darkness,
Life of his, insane in loneliness.

Insane! Goes the knight thereby,
Life actually left his life.
The never-ending tears are dried as such,
Just a salt-line left, clear and cusp.

As see the king, knight’s lifeless life,
Understands the power of love in life.
Understanding his mistake of pride and honor,
Gifts then himself, dare to kill own-self.

Ends, now the story of knight my friend,
He who taught the king his dare.
Love is life, love is doom,
But love is a serein, in the cloudless sky.

Meanings: - tis-slang used for ‘this’. Knight-royal warrior. Mourn-sad, unhappy. Mourning dove-a bird of the same clan as that of a dove, but is the symbol of sadness because of its peculiar sound. Drenched-watery, filled with water. Serene-lovable, good. Martyr-one who dies for motherland, generally in a warlike situation. Serein-rain  which comes from an apparently clear sky. Cusp-irregular, un-straightened…


Saurabh Agrawal
Student
University of Allahabad
BAMS- 3

2 comments:

  1. Touching poem woven nicely with the work of metaphors. The best part was that while I was reading the poem, the entire warlike situation appeared in front of my imaginative eyes.
    Very straightforwardly narrated story in the form of a poem, though I expect a much more in the upcoming ones.
    Good, keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete